Friday, March 18, 2011

Review of the movie Unknown, starring Liam Neeson




I decided to hit the local movie theater on 3/18/11 for a night out, which I rarely get to do with work, band, shooting, ect already on my plate. I took a drive with Joey Br00tal of Ruthless Dudes to see the screening.

I have always been a Liam Neeson fan since I can remember, especially from Star Wars. I enjoyed the majority of his films, and this one was not so bad.

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

So the movie starts out with a couple going on a trip to Berlin Germany for business purposes, Dr Martin Harris and his wife attending an international Biotech summit. Very soon into the movie Dr Martin Harris loses his briefcase at the airport. When realizing at the hotel that he had lost it, he hails a cab, driven by Gina (Diane Kruger). They get into a car accident where she saves his life, and she flees the scene.

He awakens out of a coma, in a hospital, with a loss of memory. He has no identification, and wanders the streets of Berlin looking for his past.

Okay, we will fast forward to the spoiler / ending. Turns out the chap is a trained assassin (I was able to figure this out towards the middle of the flick) and his "wife" is really a counterpart of the operation. He kills the bad guys (ie his creators) and gets his "identity" back and everything goes back to normal, he sticks with Gina (Diane Kruger) and they go off on their next adventure.

Out of 5 stars I will give this one *** 1/2. I was able to figure out the plot and I was not surprised. Good camera work though, some decent mystery, and some good suspense makes this a "Go see it on a week night with a cheap date" or "wait for DVD"

Joey Br00tal gave it a "ah, ya know, it was okay, I kinda liked it" review.

No comments:

Post a Comment